St. Margaret of Scotland Anglican Church Cemetery
In 1866, John Wimburn Laurie built a non-denominational church for the family on 800 acres of land on Grand Lake. Three generations of Lauries are buried there.On May 25, 1968 the church was consecrated as St. Margaret's Church of Scotland and the burial grounds as a cemetery. The church was then designated as St. Margaret's Church. Oakfield.
The old cemetery plots are behind the church and the newer plots are in the front. Records were transcribed from grave markers.
Transcribed on 12 July 2000 by Lynda M. Cunningham and Verona Leslie.